Born in Port Fairy, Victoria, Faye has had a longstanding interest in creative work, she did some painting in oils interspersed with raising a family and other occupations. This included teaching art and other aspects of the trade to floristry apprentices at Box Hill College of T.A.F.E. for thirteen years.
She began working with pastel in 1991 and more recently in watercolour and mixed media.
Faye has participated in a wide variety of art workshops and events including painting tours of some regions in Italy in 2001, Greece in 2002, France 2004, New Zealand 2007, Italy, Central Europe and Thailand 2008.
Member: Australian Guild of Realist Artists, Pastel Society of Victoria, Victorian Artists Society, Geelong Art Society and Anglesea Art House
President of the Pastel Society of Victoria 2000/2001, Committee Member P.S.V. 1996/2002, Committee member Geelong Art Society 2005-.
Participant in numerous joint Exhibitions and has had three solo exhibitions.
Teacher, demonstrator and judge at various galleries and art events.
- Highly Commended P.S.V. Exhibition 1996
- Best Landscape under $500 Mount View PS1997
- Best Water scene under $500:Mount View PS1998
- Art Spectrum Award: P.S.V. Exhibition 1998
- Highly Commended:P.S.V. Exhibition 1999
- Highly Commended: Rotary, Dandenong 2000
- Best Animal Painting: Mount View Primary 2000
- Highly Commended: P.S.V. Exhibition 2000
- Pastel Award:Surfcoast Art House Exhibition 2002, 2003,2004
- Geelong Community Annual Open Art Exhibition 2003 - Best Pastel Award & Best Animal Painting.
- Highly Commended: Mount View Primary 2003
- BADArts Inc. Bannockburn : Highly Commended 2003
- BADArts Inc. Bannockburn : Best Pastel 2004
- A.G.R.A. Commended 2004
- Geelong Art Society Seniors Best Pastel 2005
- SurfCoast Art House Highly commended 2005
- Rotary Club of Drysdale Annual Art Show Highly Commended 2006
- Geelong Art Society Seniors Second Prize Pastel 2006
Faye worked for 10 years in wedding flower creation and portraits. She has completed commissions in floral and animal paintings. Her work has been published in Australian Artist & Pastel Artist International.
Since 2007 she has been participating in the Dabble n Daub Studio Gallery at the Geelong Wintergarden with exhibitions and classes.
Click here to view photo gallery